First Aid Training Courses
QCF/NVQ Levels in Health & Social Care
QCF Level in Health & Social Care Course Summary
- SHC 21: Introduction to Communication in Health and Social Care Settings.
- SHC 22: Introduction to Personal Development in Health and Social Care Settings.
- SHC 23: Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health and Social Care Settings.
- SHC 24: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health and Social Care Settings
- HSC 024: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care Settings.
- HSC 025: The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker.
- HSC 026: Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care Settings.
- HSC 027: Contribute to Health and Safety in Health and Social Care.
- HSC 028: Handle Information in Health and Social Care Settings.
The optional knowledge and competence units cover a variety of areas in health and social care (eg. health and social care for young people), enabling delegates to tailor the course to their own specific career development needs. These areas of specialist professional development span from supporting individuals with physical or learning disabilities to improving infection control and cleanliness. The options available to delegates also include the choice to attain a general qualification in health and social care, or to move along a specialist pathway in either Dementia or Learning Disabilities. Please feel free to contact us to request an information pack on the optional pathways available.
The course assessment includes an evaluation of work-based performance, presentation of evidence, witness statements and peer testimony, and question and answer sessions. Delegates will need to put together a portfolio of evidence demonstrating that they can achieve the course objectives to the required standard.
To help with this, delegates are appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who helps assemble the portfolio and guide the delegate throughout the diploma. Email and telephone support is also on hand for the duration of the QCF programme, and the resources available to delegates will be outlined as required.
Medtsol is an equal opportunities provider and a potential participant only needs to have been employed in a vocational setting relevant to the occupational standards for Health and Social Care.
The course is completely flexible and we encourage students to learn at their own pace. The awarding body do stipulate that the course is completed within 36 months, but most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9!
Upon completing this programme, graduates have the option of moving on to QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care, or can undertake a range of specialist care courses.